This twenty odd year horse float was overdue for some care and attention. The hardwood floor was rotted out near the rear door, where the weather had got in, over time.
I managed to source some nice 6 x 1 inch hardwood to use in the floor repair around the rear door. The bulk of the floor was intact, so the floor ends were cut off and supported with a new steel cross member. The new timber sections were cut to length and bolted in using galvanized fasteners.
All the repairs were carried out, at the owner’s city acreage, just in time to attend the weekend gymkhana meet.
For Caravan & Trailer Tips
Recent Articles & Videos
- Old Windup Caravan Now has an Easy Lift Roof
- Horse Float Floor Repaired in Brisbane
- Rare Brisbane Jayco Eagle Windup For Sale
- Brisbane Camper Trailer Inspection Tips
- Swing away mount for remote caravan mover provides off road clearance